- THE LIMITED COLLECTORS EDITION OF THE STUNNING ART OF THE FILM BOOK
- Signed by the Director of District 9 and Elysium- Neill Blomkamp
- Presented with a limited edition illustration from legendary concept artist Syd Mead
- Limited to 1000 copies worldwide
- Features concept art, graphics and illustrations from the making of the movie
- Slipcased, with an image of the ship Elysium set on the case on one side, and the ravaged Earth of 2154 on the other
- Authored by Mark Salisbury, the author of Prometheus: The Art of the Film, and Dark Shadows: The Visual Companion
- 273mm x 302mm
- Paper stock & weight:
- 140gsm Chinese matt art
- Special finishes:
- spot UV and silver foil
- threadsewn in 12pp, plus 2 x 6pp gatefolds, plus the tipped in signature sheet
- printed 4/0 on 128gsm Gloss Art and Gloss 'scuff free' laminated over 3mm boards
- Limited to:
- 1000 copies
- Limited edition signature sheet, featuring tattoo designs and signed by the director, Neill Blomkamp.
- Art print:
- 297 x 210mm
- Paper/card colour, stock & weight:
- 240gsm Textured Fine Art
- Printing process:
- Original concept art of the 'Torus', as drawn by legendary artist Syd Mead
- ISBN: 9781781162484
- Dimensions: 273mm x 302mm
- Hardback: 164pp + 2 x 6pp gatefolds
- Publication date: 9 August 2013
- Illustration detail: Colour photos throughout
- All authors:
About the Book
About the Book:
From Neill Blomkamp, the director of the acclaimed District 9, comes Elysium, an eagerly awaited sci-fi epic starring Matt Damon and Jodie Foster.
All will be revealed in Elysium: The Art of the Film, which features a Foreword by Blomkamp, and a wealth of stunning production art and photos, including the input of legendary designer Syd Mead (Blade Runner, Tron).
This Limited Edition Collectors book is presented in a slipcase featuring the ship “Elysium” on one side and the “ravaged Earth” of 2154 on the other, and is presented with a print by Syd Mead and a signature plate signed by Neill Blomkamp.
About the Film:
In the year 2154, the very wealthy live on Elysium, a Stanford torus high-tech space station governed by President Patel (Faran Tahir), in a utopian setting which includes access to private medical machines that offer instant cures, while everyone else lives below on the overpopulated, ruined, "Third World slum” Earth has become. Those who maintain Elysium will stop at nothing to enforce anti-immigration laws and preserve their citizens' lifestyle, even destroying ships that attempt to get there.
After an industrial accident leaves him with a cancer virus, 36-year-old factory-worker and ex-con Max DeCosta (Matt Damon) has only five days to get from Los Angeles to Elysium in order to be cured. Max straps into a powerful exoskeleton and attempts to kidnap a rich businessman (William Fichtner) in order to steal his identity and hijack his way into Elysium. This pits him against Elysium’s Secretary Delacourt (Jodie Foster) and her violent secret police forces, led by Agent Kruger
Motion Picture Artwork and Photography 2013 TriStar Pictures, Inc. All rights reserved.