Hardware: The Definitive SF Works of Chris Foss (special edition)
- THE DEFINITIVE CHRIS FOSS RETROSPECTIVE
- Limited Edition presented with an exclusive print
- Presented with an exclusive signature sheet signed by Chris Foss
- Featuring work for books by Isaac Asimov, E. E. ‘Doc’ Smith, Arthur C. Clarke, A. E. van Vogt and Philip K. Dick
- Also includes film designs for Ridley Scott and Stanley Kubrick films
- Limited to 500 worldwide
- 248pp, including exclusive 8-page cover gallery
- Printing: - Part 1:
- 157gsm Chinese matte art, case bound, sewn, flatback, black head & tailbands
- ><Printing - Part 2:
- Matt laminated 4-colour book case with spot UV and 5th colour silver
- Signature Sheet:
- printed 2-colour (metallic silver, black) on 150gsm matte art paper, bound in, individually hand-numbered, signed by Chris Foss
- Print title:
- The book also contains a signed original print of the cover art for Perry Rhodan 2: The Radiant Dome
- Limited to:
- 500 copies
- 300 x 230mm
- Printing Type:
- printed 4-colour plus 5th colour silver on 310gsm matte art board.
About the Book
Foss's groundbreaking and distinctive science fiction art revolutionized paperback covers in the 1970s and 80s.
Dramatically raising the bar for realism and invention, his trademark battle-weary spacecraft, dramatic alien landscapes and crumbling brutalist architecture irrevocably changed the aesthetic of science fiction art and cinema.
Featuring work for books by Isaac Asimov, E. E. ‘Doc’ Smith, Arthur C. Clarke, A. E. van Vogt and Philip K. Dick, and film design for Ridley Scott and Stanley Kubrick, this volume brings together many rare and classic images that have never been seen or reprinted before. This is the first comprehensive retrospective of Chris Foss's sci-fi career.
From the titan blog
2011 Chris Foss