This ancient training manual, crafted by early Jedi Masters, has educated and enlightened generations of Jedi. It explains the history and hierarchy of the Jedi Order, and what Jedi must know to take their place as defenders of the peace in the galaxy—from mastery of the Force to the nuances of lightsaber combat.
Passed down from Master to Padawan, the pages of this venerable text have been annotated by those who have held it, studied it, and lived its secrets. From Yoda and Luke Skywalker to Count Dooku and Darth Sidious, they have shaped the content of the book, adding their personal experiences as tangible reminders of the lessons they’ve learned.
Through wars and rebellion, only a single copy of this manual has survived. It is now passed on to you.
The ancient Masters who wrote the text: Fae Coven, Grand Master and head of the Jedi Council; Crix Sunburris, Jedi Ace starfighter pilot; Restelly Quist, Jedi Chief Librarian; Skarch Vaunk, Jedi Battlemaster and lightsaber expert; Bowspritz, Jedi Biologist and expert on the Living Force; Sabla-Mandibu, Jedi Seer and Holocron expert; Morrit Ch’gally, Jedi Recruiter; Gal-Stod Slagistrough, Jedi leader of the Agricultural Corps.
Jedi who added personal commentary: Yoda, Thame Cerulian, Count Dooku, Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Ahsoka Tano, Darth Sidious, and Luke Skywalker.
Created in collaboration with Lucasfilm—along with an acclaimed Star Wars author and revered Star Wars illustrators—this volume provides new insights into the history and lore of the Jedi Order while introducing never-before-seen ships, creatures, characters, and details about how one trains to become a Jedi.
1) Get an insider’s perspective: For the first time, Lucasfilm™ has authorized a book that comes from INSIDE the STAR WARS universe. This is the “last surviving copy” of a famous Jedi textbook that was all but eliminated following the Clone Wars.
2) Yoda’s handwriting—and not just Yoda’s: The book bears the handwritten notations of the movies’ famous Jedi (and Sith), including Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, Anakin Skywalker, Ahsoka Tano, Emperor Palpatine, and Luke Skywalker.
3) Secrets never before revealed: Many creatures, characters, and starships have been created exclusively for THE JEDI PATH and are illustrated here for the first time.
4) What they don’t want you to know: The book, authentically aged, even has a section of missing pages where the Emperor removed sensitive information. Sections that remain contain dangerous information on heretics, forbidden Force techniques, and the Sith warn of the seductive lure of the dark side
5) Wisdom of the Jedi: The book’s text is written by seven all-new Jedi Masters, who put together this collection of teachings a thousand years before the events of the STAR WARS movies. In the movies the Jedi wear utility belts, but what do they keep in all those pouches? THE JEDI PATH provides a detailed look at Jedi field equipment.
6) Graffiti chains: In the book’s margins you can follow the scrawled comments of the book’s various owners, as an observation from Obi-Wan leads to a clarification by Anakin and a sarcastic follow-up from The Clone Wars’ Ahsoka Tano.
7) Lightsaber lore: THE JEDI PATH contains a comprehensive guide to the lightsaber, including combat forms, countermeasures, and eight different lightsaber types.
8) The Jedi Trials: How does a Padawan become a Knight? For the first time the Jedi Trials are explained in detail. And now, the way to Ultimate achievement is revealed. Learn how you might attain the rank of Grand Master, the ultimate title within the Jedi Order.